Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Book Binge 101

OK, I confess I’m an occasional book binger and the last week (or so) was a classic example of how to indulge the literary addiction.
It started on April 30th when I passed by the SF book store in Malmö and with some time to kill I started to browse the shelves and found three books from my ’to get’-list. I’ve quite a few authors and book series that I try to follow – unfortunately I haven’t found any good tool to track these – yet.
I left the shop with three books; Dead Men’s Boots by Mike Carey, The Reckoning by Kelly Armstrong and Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrisson.
By Monday I’d finished The Reckoning and about two third of Dead Man’s Boots and as I Thursday was a Holiday, leading into a long weekend with a grim weather forecast, I went back to the shop after I finished work on Wednesday to look for a few new series and left the shop with SIX new books; the continuation of Mike Carey’s Felix Castor series, Thicker Than Water and The Naming of the Beast, the start of Ilona Andrews’s Kate Daniels series, Magic Bites and Magic Burns as well as the start of Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series Guilty Pleasures and The Laughing Corpse.
By the end of holiday weekend I’d finished Dead Men’s Boots and both of Ilona Andrews books.
To Sum up five books read and nine bought within the span of ten days, a true book binge.
Oh yeah, I managed to see a couple of movies as well.

Till Next Time,
Martin Frid

No comments:

Post a Comment