Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review: Night Shift


Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1)Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have sort of mixed feelings about this book. I’ve been looking for UF-books centering around demons, but I’m not sure that this book carried it out that well. I like the dark gritty feel of the world, where things lurk in the shadows preying on more or less innocent humans. What I could have done without were the romantic aspects of the story, but I guess that this falls within PNR rather then UF, which is a shame. It’s starting to get really hard to find good solid UF books, without smoldering vamps or weres with puppy dog eyes.



I had a hard time trying to get half a star marked so I had to raise my mark from 3.5 to 4. Choosing between a 3 and a 4, the higher mark just won out, but it was a tough call and it came down to the amount of originality Saintcrow has put into the world building.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment