Sunday, January 23, 2011

Review: Good Omens


Good OmensGood Omens by Terry Pratchett

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I finished this book a few hours ago and have been trying to figure out what it was really about, but it's pretty much a blank. There's a story, but it doesn't really have anything to say to the reader.
The most I can away with is the question; why did He put the apple tree in the garden?'.

With that said, it wasn't a bad read and as I haven't read any Gaiman before I can't discern his contribution, so to me this looked like an early Pratchett with more focus on the way the story is told than on the actual story. It's witty both in language as well as full of situational comedy, but it doesn't quite connect - at least not with this reader.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment